CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 29, 2011

33 Weeks 6 Days

Last week I was 33 weeks. Everything has been going good so far, except for these darn contractions I keep having! My Dr. has me set up with non-stress tests 2 times a week, and a weekly ultrasound to keep an eye on my amniotic fluids, and I meet with my dr. and dietition about once a week as well. I feel like I live at the hospital now! The upside is that I have 1 more month left! :)  
 During week 33 the baby is about the size of a pineapple! It is almost 18 inches long and weighs about 5 pounds! He's getting nice and big! So far he is right on track and healthy! :) Which is always great news, especially for a diabetic! 



The last time I went to the hospital for a non-stress test, the baby's heart rate wasn't going up when he moved like it should. So they were a little worried about it. They were going to do another ultrasound to check his heart and do some other tests, but before they did that they tried giving him a little jump start to see if that worked. So they had this little noise maker that made a buzzing noise when you push the button. The nurse put it up to my belly and pushed the button for about half a second. Right when the noise started, my baby jumped a mile! I had NEVER felt him jump that hard before! The noise scared him so bad! You could see my whole belly lunge to one side. It did the trick though. His heart rate went way up after that, then when he calmed down a little his heart was doing just what it needed to do. So there was nothing to worry about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i don't get big belly and pineapple?
time is getting short.
matt sure like that candy
dad