CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 24, 2011

I'm Pregnant!

Well, if you didn't know already, I'm pregnant! We are all very excited for this little baby, but it has been a very stressful 1st trimester so far! We were so paranoid about losing this baby like we did our last baby. We discovered that we lost our last baby because I had Diabetes and didn't know it, so my blood sugars were WAY too high. When you have really high blood sugars when your pregnant, it stops growth in the baby. So we've been very nervous for this pregnancy as well! I got started on insulin and I'm trying very hard to keep my sugars low. So far so good! I had a dr. appointment yesterday. When they tried to listen to the heartbeat my heartbeat kept getting in the way and they couldn't hear it very good. When they could hear the heartbeat, (I never could. It was too quiet) they couldn't get a good count on how fast the beats were because the baby kept moving around! Very good sign! So I got to get another ultrasound! I was so happy that I got to see my baby again! The baby measured perfectly at 11 weeks and the heartbeat was very strong! 167 beats per minute! We were all very happy to be able to see and hear our baby!

This was the ultrasound from yesterday at 11 weeks 3 days.
And this was my first ultrasound at 7 weeks 2 days!
 Its fun to see how much the baby grows and developes in just a few weeks!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Congrats. and good luck.

Roxy said...

Yay!!! so happy for you and glad everything is going well for you!