CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Christmas Gifts

The first thing that I want to get caught up on would be my Christmas gifts that I made for my family this year. I know its far from being Christmas, but I just wanted to share this now that I can! 

 The most time consuming gift that I made were some coasters. They are actually made out of curling ribbon. You start by wrapping it around a toothpick and when their is enough to hold onto, you take it off the toothpick and just keep wrapping. Just make sure that you keep it very tight! When you finish with a color, then you just tape it down and then start a new color.
 When you are all done and you have it the size that you want, then I covered it with a few coats of Mod Podge and then when that was all dry, I sprayed it with a clear top coat. I think they turned out pretty cool.
 Then when everything is all dry, then you hot glue some corkboard to the back. And you're done.
 I also finally finished my Christmas stocking. I wasn't very motivated to finish it for some reason, so it took me forever, but now it is finished!
 And now we all have matching stockings that I have made!
 For my parents I made this platter and bowl. Its a plate and bowl that was glued to candlestick holders with gorrila glue. I thought they looked pretty fancy.

 For my nieces, I made them some flower headbands. Which I'm sure everybody already knows how to make!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Well done.
Everything looks fantastic.